Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thought you would all enjoy this little tidbit. I got this email and it seems to say something many appear to be missing. Maybe I should reframe this a bit. I get so many protest this and protest that emails that I want to scream sometimes. I have wondered how many just forward them and then assume they have made a good mark for themselves in the book of life. Quit now Wayne or you will say to much. Enjoy and think about what is here. WaynO

The task AHEAD of you is never as great as the POWER behind you. Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Ephesians 6:10 Subject: Fw: excellent remind

Dear Children,
It has come to my attention that many of you are upsetthat folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybeyou've forgotten that I wasn't actually born duringthis time of the year and that it was some of yourpredecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday onwhat was actually a time of pagan festival. Although Ido appreciate being remembered anytime.
How I personally feel about this celebration canprobably be most easily understood by those of you whohave been blessed with children of your own. I don'tcare what you call the day. If you want to celebrateMy birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers youthat the town in which you live doesn't allow a scenedepicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple ofSantas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity sceneon your own front lawn. If all My followers did thatthere wouldn't be any need for such a scene on thetown square because there would be many of them allaround town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are callingthe tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree.It was I who made all trees. You can remember Meanytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if youwish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching,explaining who I am in relation to you and what eachof our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one,look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of Mybirth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to theway My birthday is being celebrated, write letters oflove and hope to soldiers away from home. They areterribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know,they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have toknow them personally. They just need to know thatsomeone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing George complaining about thewording on the cards his staff sent out this year, whydon't you write and tell him that you'll be prayingfor him and his family this year. Then followup. It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts youcan't afford and they don't need, spend time withthem. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I cameto live with you down here. Hold them in your arms andremind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past andforgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attemptto take their own life this season because they feelso alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who thatperson is, try giving everyone you meet a warmsmile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer inyour town calls the holiday, be patient with thepeople who work there. Give them a warm smile and akind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a"Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishingthem one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If thestore didn't make so much money on that day they'dclose and let their employees spend the day at homewith their families.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support amissionary--especially one who takes My love and GoodNews to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and wholefamilies in your town who not only will have no"Christmas" tree, but neither will they have anypresents to give or receive. If you don't know them,buy some food and a few gifts and give them to theSalvation Army or some other charity which believes inMe and they will make the delivery for you.10. Finally, if you want to make a statement aboutyour belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like aChristian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn'tdo in My presence. Let people know by your actionsthat you are one of mine.
Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself.Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'lltake care of all the rest. Check out the list aboveand get to work; time is short. I'll help you, butthe ball is now in your court. And do have a mostblessed Christmas with all those whom you love andremember : I LOVE YOU,
JESUS

No comments: