Monday, December 17, 2007

The Golden Compass

It continues to fascinate me what people will choose to boycot because it is not absolute truth. Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting or boycotting the movie but it did occur to me that the Left Behind movies were not necessarily true to scripture either.
I remember addressing Left Behind in a sermon and a gentleman approached me after church and challenged me that Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye were good Christians.
That is one of my favorite tags for believers "Good Christians" as I don't know a lot who would actually fall into the catogory of good according to scripture. I assured the man I believed that both were Christian but that the books are on the fiction shelf.
I still hold to the thought, be prepared for no one knows the day nor the hour except the father.
Then I wonder how many of us would be prepared if Jesus were to arrive today??????
Oh well, we will debate until the time. There will be movies boycotted andothers left to lead us astray. I connot tell which one is which.
Pastor WaynO

No comments: