Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just can't stay away. It seems there is so much to tell, so much to say to the world that I can't get said. I am not even sure what I have to say but pray the Spirit will descramble it for me. I am preaching in the morning, Advent 1 and it is the time again when I struggle with the Christmas stuff.
I researched and have discovered that Christmas in all it's forms has faded in and out of glory within the confines of the church. The Puritans punished celebrants for it, the early colonies opposed it because it was an English tradition. Most of what the Christian world holds near and dear about it has been dreamed up out of fairy tales, pagan celebrations, and pieces of old tradition here and there both Christian and non Christian.
I hear so much hype from Christians and then see so little action from them, it leaves me curious what it really is this being a Christian??????
Pastor WaynO

No comments: