Friday, February 8, 2008

Stop and consider

Thank you to Shaun for the response. I believe we do lots of things that are sinful. I also think many Christians/denominations tend to pick the sins they think are the worst, label them as a trip to hell and forget there are others. I am not into making a list and know I sin on a regular hourly basis.
I came from a personel meeting where I am chair and we oversee the executive and office admisistrator. All went well, we talked of ministry see "Kingdom Grace" and pay and all that other stuff. When it gets right down to it I wonder if we need the exec or not. I think it is a necessary office in the church. There is a need for someone to lead the leaders, defend the workers and protect both from each other. I have this vision of a church without leaders that just blindly goes about hitting and missing and many times hurting as much as what we now have.
Society depicts what the organizations within it look like and we are in the post WWII era of committees and such. I am not sure the world as a whole is ready for religion to be unleashed.
What I really wanted to comment on before reading so many interesting things tonight is my mission statement. I took a mini spiritual gifts inventory today and it says my 2 highest gifts are exhortation and prophecy. I was almost offended at my self. I wanted to be a servant and a minister of compassion.
Who could have guessed???? Oh, well off for a weekend of exhortation and prophecy as I preach to a couple of congregations and lead them further down the road to something or other.
Peace to all
Pastor WaynO
Oh, almost forgot, I need prayers for the president of our state lawenforcement chaplains. He was just diagnosed with some form of lukemia. All prayers are being sought, for him, his family the doctors and his officers. Thanks WaynO

2 comments:

shaun said...

Wayno,
I will pray for him and the officers. Cancer is one of those things we can't really understand why God allowed.
Don't let the test get you down, Who is to say if the things it tests for are what God intends for you ? Plus, really if you think about it , it is not our strength where God uses us most, it is in our weakness.
I think you are pretty cool and a pretty real man of God. That's more important than what some spiritual gifts test says about you .

Peace

WaynO said...

Shaun, I keep writing responses and they are posts. Thank you for your prayers and your input. I put a little faith in these gift inventories but not a lot of creedance to them.
My point comes from joining a church and telling the pastor after a while I thought eveyone should take it again in a year or so. I was told that our gifts do not change. I challenged that with only one of the falicies, I had marked 0 for music and in less than a year was a member of the choir. :o) WaynO