Friday, August 1, 2008

It is begun

I posted my newsletter last post and have since begun a journey with a couple of congregations to open them up to a new way of living life. Preaching and encouraging a change in not only what the people do in their own lives but what they do with the resources the world has entrusted to them as the church gathered.
I will not leave unless asked to, I believe the church is alive and well in many different ways and in many places. If I continue to preach without actively calling the people to a higher level of commitment and action I will only perpetuate the past.
There are those who leave and do nothing, there are those who stay and do nothing but even the ones who are doing nothing need to be ministered to.
Living out ones faith is very personal and happens in a variety of ways. I find many in the traditional church that are living very missional lives that are seemingly seperate from the rest of the body.
In thinking about all this I find myself staddling a great chasm -- on the one side is the missional life of person and church, on the other is the faith and worship of a great number of people that may not resemble missional but is still a life filled with faith and commitment.
Will continue to walk the journey and see where I get.
WaynO

1 comment:

shaun said...

WaynO,
Keep on going brother. We need to just keep on going and only look back to remember where we have been. I believe God deals with us all in as many ways as there are believers, maybe many more than that. Keep on doing what God places in your heart, and if you are wrong, admit it, then keep on going.
Peace and much love.