Friday, April 11, 2008

A B e a u tiful Day

Snow, snow, snow, wind and rain dark of night and I wonder if the post office is really even open. Got up this morning to 8 or 10 in. of snow, elec out, wind howling. There is a God and he is good.
But seriously folks how we muddle through life here in the good ole USA not even thinking about what works and what don't work. I realized that we had only one radio that we had batteries for. I grind fresh beans each morning so no coffee. No TV, no microwave, no furnace, no lights. Then I had a flash about a place called Muldova that a couple of my friends do mission work in. They don't even have windows to close on most houses, little or no fire wood, not much food, elec is just a luxury (when it is on). Life there would be a terror for most of us. I filled my belly with hash browns, eggs and pepper jack cheese. (my stove is gas and I just had to light the burner) I went out and started my wife's pickup so she could go to work (elec back on) left it running so it would be warm for her. Now the furnace won't seem to stop running and I got coffee ground and my interenet is up.
I think I should apologize to someone.
Then I went to this blog called Jesus Creed http://www.jesuscreed.org/?p=3686 and read a real interesting little parable. Go read enjoy, but think about it, why would it be important to discuss how seeds are planted and how they grow. In that time most if not everyone understood how these things worked or I would imagine that they would. In a world that causes you to live with the land and the dust and bugs there are a lot of things one would be familiar with that many today don't have a clue about and for that matter don't really care about.
Careful, I am beginning to sound a bit judgemental and I don't like that so better stop. Have a great day where ever you are. Enjoy the power of the earth as it lives and breathes. Yes, enjoy even if your house blew away in a tornado, you almost washed away in a flood, crashed on the icy road, are parched in a drought. Enjoy and rejoice.....you have an awesome God who is with you no matter what.
WaynO

1 comment:

Debra said...

Thank you for all the food for thought. I do ponder on all these things.
Deb