Friday, May 23, 2008

From a Deep Dark Hole

I know that title sounds a bit strange but that is where it feels like I have been for a couple of weeks. Nothing will lift up my spirit, nothing will give me energy, and there is little that feels good right now.
Maybe it is a bit of overwork and burnout or maybe it is something that is moving in and around me. I never am quite able to put a finger on these dark spots of life but they are there for sure and I have learned to just try and live through them without hurting to many people around me.
Today is better, just had a couple days, well 3 actually off and went to the mountains which always picks me up a bit. Life on the plains is okay but it gets stuffy here and there is no place that seems to be spiritually higher than other. I know it sounds judgemental but I was born in the shadow of Pikes Peak and then off to the plains only to come home to Wyoming and the mountains for a major time in life.
Enough on all that we had rain and the world is a brighter place for that and the cloudy days really do lift my spirit some. The birds are happy and the grass is green, the garden is watered as the dust is out of the air. How can a person not feel a bit better.
Had so much to say and then I start typing and it is gone. Time is gone as well so will try to get more done. Did a bit of blog searching and noticed many others are offline as well so that helps as it makes me not feel all alone in the desire lacking department.
Have a great day all and happy blogging.
WaynO

2 comments:

Cap'n Slappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

I understand deep dark holes. My life has been full of them. It is always nice when we can see light at the top.
Deb